10th Annual Henderson Libraries Teen Writing Contest
Our 10th annual teen writing contest will begin December 1, 2018 through February 23, 2019.
- Teens in grades 6-12 are eligible for this contest.
- Works of poetry, short stories, or essays will be accepted for consideration.
- Submissions in the short story or essay categories must be a minimum of 50 words.
- All works cannot exceed 2,000 words.
- Only 1 entry per person in the provided category of their choice is allowed.
- School assignments will not be accepted.
- All work must be original and unpublished.
- Participants must be a resident of Clark County.
- All entries must be cut and pasted into the Submission Field – GoogleDoc links will not be accepted.
- Entries will be assessed by library staff prior to being submitted to the judges for scoring. Submissions that are deemed inappropriate, culturally inaccurate or possess negative stereotypical characterization will be disqualified.
The reception will be Thursday, April 11, 2019 at Paseo Verde from 6-7:30p. Special guest YA author Ally Carter (Gallagher Girls, Heist Society, & Embassy Row series) is scheduled to speak and attend the event. If you have any questions, contact Christina at 702-207-4260.